The Dos and Don’ts of Goal Achievement in Your Small Business
Goal achievement is powerful for the small business entrepreneur. It fuels and sustains the growth of your business and it moves your small business forward. More importantly, goal achievement energizes the central component in your entrepreneurial success — you, the small business entrepreneur.
Regardless of the reason, the absence of clear goals can certainly be detrimental for your small business. Plus, without the benefit of the unmistakable direction provided by goals, you can expect your small business to cost more to operate.
When it comes to small business goal achievement, here are a few points to keep in mind:
Dos of Small Business Goal Achievement
- Define your small business goals. Growing a small business without a goal is like sailing a ship without a rudder.
- Go for goals that inspire you to action. Nothing is more stimulating than goals that arouse positive emotion.
- Do select small business goals you’re committed to achieve. Commitment is what makes goal achievement a reality.
- Do realize the goal-setting process. Goal achievement is more than selecting a goal, developing a plan, and writing it down. Understanding the total progression for setting and achieving goals, including the accompanying personal growth, is important to your success.
Don’ts of Small Business Goal Achievement
- Don’t opt for small business goals set by others.
- Don’t set vague goals. Make sure your goals are SMART (specific, measurable, achievable, realistic, time-sensitive).
- Don’t overanalyze your small business goals. No matter how long you plan or how much you research, it’s impossible to account for all the possible scenarios.
- Don’t have too many goals. Consider selecting the major goal that will give you the greatest return for your effort.
There really are no secrets when it comes to goal achievement for your small business. Now it’s your turn to develop clear goals and achieve your full potential.
YourOffice provides co-working offices, virtual offices, meeting rooms and videoconferencing rooms in Orlando, Charlotte, Philadelphia and Denver. Contact us today and we will be happy to help you choose the optimal office plan for your business. We look forward to meeting you to discuss your business needs!