7 Healthy Snacks to Bring to Work
A recent article, 8 Heart Healthy Office Snacks to Stash at Your Desk by Rebecca Levin, observes that snacking provides more energy and improves overall health. However, when at the office, most people opt to snack on fatty potato chips, fries, and candy bars.
Junk foods can actually decrease your work productivity by making you feel lethargic. Instead, check out these 7 healthier options that are easy to bring to work and will help keep your energy up.
- Lowers blood pressure.
- Improves blood flow.
- Soluble fiber in apples prevents cholesterol from building up in blood vessels.
- Prevent heart disease.
- Good for your circulatory system.
Popcorn is a grain, just like rice and wheat. Try to avoid popcorn that is slathered in butter or other toppings. There are many healthy flavored popcorn brands to choose from and they are usually a much healthier option than a bag of potato chips.
- Rich in antioxidants, which can increase your concentration.
- Protect the watery and fatty parts of the brain from damage due to environmental toxins.
- Fight against wrinkling and disease.
- Reverse memory loss and motor skill decline due to age.
- Activate fat burning genes and help weight loss.
Try That’s It Apple and Blueberry Bar if fresh blueberries aren’t available.
Black coffee in moderation, is actually healthy for you. It can reduce the risk of the following diseases:
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Cardiovascular disease
- Improves mood.
- Prevents muscle cramps.
- Produce digestive enzymes.
- Restore electrolytes.
- Best recovery snack after a workout because of their high content of natural sugar.
Try Banana, it’s a snack-friendly, less perishable substitute.
Seaweed is good for the heart and has a satisfying salty flavor. Absorbing iodine keeps a healthy thyroid, which can stop heart palpitations before they start. Seaweed also promotes healthy levels of estrogen and estradiol, helping reduce the risk of breast cancer and tame PMS symptoms.
SeaSnax can help you satisfy your daily salty cravings.
Having a healthy snack and a good office environment can definitely help increase your productivity. YourOffice is a leader in providing the most prestigious executive office space and shared office space for any size business. Convenient, hassle free, and move in ready- our offices, meeting rooms, and conference rooms are designed to meet your business’ every need.